Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Holidays!

The holidays were especially fun this year. It was so fun to have so many "firsts" for Joel. In early November Dale and Laurie were in town, so we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with them, Grandpa Jerry, Kevin, cousin Jessy, and my parents. Laurie cooked up a wonderful thanksgiving meal, and we had fun being together. On Thanksgiving Keith participated in the church "Turkey Bowl"...defeated by the Rodarmel team once again. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner over at my Uncle Bill and Aunt Barb's house. Another wonderful meal. Joel got to have sweet potatoes...but plain ones :) .


Spending time with Great Grandma Hopkins on Thanksgiving



Smiling for Great Grandma Frenzel on Thanksgiving

The Christmas season was so special this year. Joel and I attended Keith's Christmas concerts at Chapman, and Tesoro. The music was beautiful, and we were so proud of Daddy's work. I had a couple of concerts myself. My 3rd graders performed their end of session concert at Tijeras Creek Elementary School on December 11th. The kids did such a wonderful job, and I was so very proud. the parents were really impressed by all the kids had learned. I also had Christmas concerts starring my kindergarten students at Bathgate Elementary School, and Tijeras Creek Elementary School. the kids were just darling, and they performed so well. These concerts always put me in the mood for Christmas!

We spent December 23rd with the Hancocks, and Robin, Jeff, and Jessy Barnes. We enjoyed a wonderful meal (on our new dining room set, yay!) some present opening, and an entertaining game of Christmas charades :)
Joel opening his baseball toy from Robin and Jeff



Giggling at baby-charmer Jeff


Playing with his baseball with Grandpa

Christmas Eve is always busy for us, and this year was no exception. We had two lovely services at Mountain View Church. I sang "Here With Us", and Keith sang his beautiful rendition of "O Holy Night". I also led the little ones in a song called "Hosanna". So precious!

After the church services we had dinner back at our house with Dale, Laurie and Kevin, then some gift opening. It was so fun to open gifts with Joel. Of course at 7 months old, he was not able to open them himself, but he did try to pull at the paper on his gifts. We finished the evening with 2 of my favorite Christmas movies, "It's A Wonderful Life", and the Charlie Brown Christmas Special :)


Trying very had to open his gifts!

Christmas morning was perfect. Keith and Joel and I were together at home. We had a nice breakfast, and then opened our gifts and stockings (more and more great things for Joel!). I loved having that time to focus on our little family, and all that God has blessed us with. Now that we have a son of our own, I can't help but feel as though I can understand God's love for us a little bit better. The sacrifice He made for us when He sent his only Son to save us seems a little more real to me.





Opening gifts with Daddy


Many musical toys, of course





"Spin, spin a letter..."

Christmas day was spent with the extended Frenzel family. It means so much to me to see my Grandma, Aunts and Uncles, and Cousins (and my parents of course) on this day. Every Christmas I can remember has been spent with them, and they are so special to me. This year my cousin Boone's boy Isaiah is almost 2, and he was SO fun. He is such a cutie, and loves to entertain. It was great seeing the boys with their toys. Next year I hope Joel and Isaiah will be able to play together on Christmas.


Playing with Great Grandma Frenzel on Christmas


Christmas night we came home and shared a quiet evening with all the Grandparents :)

On the 26th we spent some time with my Grandma Hopkins and my parents at Grandmas Assisted Living Place. We exchanged gifts, and then Keith played some Christmas music on the piano while the folks were coming in and waiting for dinner. They were so happy to hear beautiful live music (and to see sweet baby Joel). Seeing the joy that brought them was one of my favorite moments of the season. Grandma was so proud :) Afterward, we went back over to my parents' house to have a wonderful dinner and open more gifts and stockings. So many fun toys for Joel. The house looked SO beautiful, and it was so nice to have a quiet evening with my Mom and Dad. I wish that my brother Rob and Sister-in-Law Amanda could have spent the holiday with us, but I enjoyed chatting with Rob on the phone.



New Years Eve was spent at our house with some friends from College: Francisco and Andrea Calvo and their daughter (our god daughter) Isabel, Ray and Alissa Medina and their son Isaiah, Brian and Chelsea Dehn and their boys Ethan and Caleb, and Adrien and Jeremy Gonzalez. We had a lot of fun talking and playing games (after the babies were asleep)!



New Years Eve



Our Christmas Card Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment